Best Writing: Laurel Bern, Laurel Home/Laurel Bern Interiors
Best Design and Photography: Courtney, French Country Cottage
Best New Blog: Nina Magon, Live Stylish Daily
The winners, and runner ups, were determined through a combination of ratings by a panel of judges and the public vote. The awards were presented live, and the inductees recognized during the 2016 Design Bloggers Conference at the Grand Hyatt Buckhead Hotel in Atlanta on March 8, 2016.
The role of the Hall of Fame is to recognize excellence in blogging and new media in the field of interior design. Each year, a new set of outstanding design blogs will become eligible through an open, online nomination process leading up to the ultimate recognition as Hall of Fame inductee.
Here are the list of Finalists, with a link so you can check them out:
Here is how the Design Bloggers Conference Hall of Fame Awards process works:
- The awards are open to any English-language design blog.
- The nomination period will start on December 11, 2015, and continue through the end of the day (Eastern Standard Time) on January 15, 2016. Nominations are open to the public and will be made via the Design Bloggers Conference website (see below to nominate a blog). A nomination can be made by simply adding a comment to the page for the designated category nominating the blog for consideration. Each blog nominated for a category will be included in the selection process; additional nominations for a blog in the same category will have no effect, so once a blog is nominated for a category there is no reason to nominate it again.
- A panel of expert judges will evaluate all the nominated blogs for each category during the period January 15 – January 19, 2016 and will select the top five blogs in each category.
- The public will be given the opportunity to vote for the finalists of each category from January 25 – February 8, 2016.
- Each category winner will be chosen based on 50% of the input coming from the judges and 50% coming from the public vote.
- The awards will be presented live at the Design Bloggers Conference at the Grand Hyatt Buckhead Hotel in Atlanta on March 7, 2016.